The Close Up Foundation will serve as the official education partner of A Starting Point (ASP).
Beginning in the 2020-2021 school year, ASP and the Close Up Foundation will launch a nationwide civic engagement initiative to:
- Enhance resources available to schools during this unprecedented time of virtual learning;
- Help educate the next generation of Americans on the most pressing issues of our time;
- Bring lawmakers inside the classroom to deepen students’ understanding of U.S. government and politics;
- Inspire active and informed participation in our democracy;
- Create cross-cultural and interactive learning opportunities between different schools, communities, and states on issues surrounding government and politics.