Close Up works with hundreds of schools each year to design programs that complement curriculum through hands-on explorations of Washington, DC and its surrounding areas. Our customized middle and high school programs provide great flexibility to vary program dates, length, activities and themes. From visits to Washington’s famous monuments, memorials, and institutions, to meetings with their Congressional delegation on Capitol Hill, students can get a first-hand look at history and the American political system as they consider the role they play in our democracy. As a non-profit, non partisan organization with over 40 years of experience, Close Up’s unique partnerships provide inside access to key institutions, policymakers, and Capitol Hill. Our curriculum experts will work directly with schools and organizations to craft programs that meet the needs of you and your students.
Sample customized programs have included:
- Foundations of American history (DC, Williamsburg & Charlottesville)
- Civil Rights and Struggling Voices (DC)
- Principles of the Constitution (Williamsburg, Gettysburg, Mount Vernon and Philadelphia)
- Structures of power and government (DC)
- American History and the role of citizens (DC)
- American Government and Current Issues (DC)
- Foreign Policy and the role of the U.S. in the global community (DC & NYC)
To learn more about our various program options, please email us, or call us at 800-CLOSE UP (256-7387).
To receive a price quote for your own customized program, please click here.